Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Computer Conversation and Film Reel

INT. MACKENZIE’S APARTMENT – NIGHT

The apartment door opens. MACKENZIE MARTS, a young, classy business woman whistles as she enters her abode. She smartly locks the door behind her, throws her purse on the counter, and peeks in the fridge to see what sort of snackage is available.

A blue light shines in her bedroom
MACINTOSH:
(start up noise and monitor hum)

The noise startles her. She whips around. No it couldn’t be…

She runs to the room-

INT. MACKENZIE’S BEDROOM – NIGHT

She enters. Is horrified.

Her MACINTOSH COMPUTER has turned on… by itself!

Mackenzie is definitely scared. She glances around for some sort of weapon as the horror music rises-

MACINTOSH:
Oh cut it with the dramatics please! I just wanna talk to ya.

The horror music shuts off. Normal bedroom lighting flickers on. Mac sits down to have a conversation with “Mac”.

MACKENZIE:
“Why’d you startle me like that? You trying to scare me to death or something?

MACINTOSH:
Hey, excuse me for just wanting to have a chat with my owner. It’s been 6 months, 29 days, 5 hours, 34 minutes, 23 seconds, and 10 milliseconds since you last used me. You know how lonely it is to just sit in here and collect dust? Did you forget about me?

MACKENZIE:
No, no! Oh Macki, you know I didn’t forget about you. It’s just I’ve been busy this past year, with being married, and working, and traveling around the globe. Things have been so crazy, that

MACINTOSH:
That You didn’t bother to make any time to spend with me.

MACKENZIE:
You know I wanted to-

MACINTOSH:
Then why have I seen you with HIM!!!

MACKENZIE:
Him?

MACINTOSH:
You know who I’m talking about!

They glance over at the other computer in the room. A small, dinky Toshiba laptop.

MACINTOSH:
Well?

MACKENZIE:
Okay, let me lay it out. You MACs are not as user friendly as PCs. Okay?

MACINTOSH:
But, but, what about all the time we spent together? The films we created together? The wonderful work we have done!!! You can’t tell me you don’t miss it.

MACKENZIE:
I do miss it. But I am serious, it’s been so crazy, and I’ve had to concentrate on a lot of other things.

MACINTOSH:
But, but now you have this nice room all to yourself, and this fancy desk for editing you’ve set up… why not, well, give it a go again, relive old times and create new memories, what do you say?

MACKENZIE:
Well… I might be a bit rusty. Like you said, it’s been six months since I’ve edited anything with you.

MACINTOSH:
Hey, it’s okay, we’ll start slow. Hey, I know what we could do.

MACKENZIE:
What?

MACINTOSH:
A demo reel!

MACKENZIE:
A demo reel?

MACINTOSH:
Yeah, it will give you a chance to do an easy project, while taking a look back on all your old work. All the things you poured your time and heart into… and then after that, we could branch out, try some new things, maybe even enter some contests.

MACKENZIE:
You know, you’re right. I’ve put you aside for far too long. Let’s get cranking!
The two Mac’s worked through the night. A few days later, the Mackenzie Evans Productions Demo reel was finished. Below is one of the segments: Filmography. Enjoy.




(*note* Yes, I do talk to my computers. End of subjuct. :p)

No comments:

Post a Comment