Friday, September 24, 2010

Working, working, all day long!

Hello from Roanoke VA! I've been here since September 1st and have been working on  production almost everyday! There's been ups and there's been downs, and I can't believe it's only been 3 and a half weeks since i moved out here.
First of all, the intern group is seriously one of the most amazing and wonderful groups of people I've ever met. They're so kind, and loyal, and passionate about Jesus. I was not doing too well physically or emotionally during my first week here, and they were right there for me, to cry and pray with me even though I'd only known them two days! I love you guys!!! And I'm so thankful to God I've gotten to share this experience with so many awesome people. Unfortunately, some of the interns have to leave this weekend. You know it can happen, but it happened to soon for all of us and we are going to miss them dearly. But, we have hope to see them again, if not here on earth, then in the air with Jesus! Or, of course, on facebook. ;)
On the film, My job is a Production Office PA (production assistant). That occupation is basicially helping with logistics. It is our job to be a backbone of the production, keeping everything running smoothly, on time, and in budget. We handle phone calls,  transportation coordination, rentals, catering, purchases for the different departments, schedules, paperwork of all shapes sizes and colors, and any other little random thing that pops up that no one else is officially supposed to handle.

Even though I'm locked up in the office most of the time, there have been a few occasions where I have been able to go onto set and watch the filming. It's neat to be on a bigger production than a single camera. I knew before how much work went into making a movie, but I don;t think I understood exactly how much work it really is until getting here! It's amazing how a group of people from every single different walk of life and personality it takes to make a movie.

Also, I have found out golf carts are very fun things to drive around. I like my little golf carts. :)

Well, gotta go back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment