Thursday, August 19, 2010

Life

Hello everyone. have good and bad news in this update, so i'll just write through it all chronologically.

First of all, Stephen and I were married!!! We only had exactly one month to plan the wedding, but God worked everything out amazingly and it was so beautiful! I couldn't have asked for a better day.


I'm working on getting a photobucket album of the pics up for those who wish to look through them.

The video of the ceremony can be found here. (there are 3 parts) Our friend who officiated our ceremony did such a wonderful job,  it was short, sweet, and pointed to our Lord.



There are so many crazy stories about this wedding and I'm actually thinking of writing me and Stephen;s whole story because the whole thing could only have been orchestrated by God!

One crazy stunt at the wedding though is our beloved Groomsmen. lol, they were such a kick!


All too soon, my USMC husband had to fly out to Japan where he is currently stationed. We once again learned how to communicate even though we are 16 hours and over 5,000 miles apart. It's tough sometimes (especially when I had to get up at 2am if  wanted to talk!) but we worked it out.


There's no news yet on paperwork processing if I'll be able to actually live with my husband in Japan! Right now, they're saying it would be a miracle for it to happen, but I believe in miracles, so I'm still hoping I get to go. I'm planning on visiting in December and can't wait to see my husband again!




I also got a job on a independent Christian feautre film, so I'll be living mostly in Virgina for the next three months working on the movie as a production offcie assistant. :)


But, along with much joy, there also comes sorrow. 


Last week, we found out we had been blessed with a honeymoon baby. I got to enjoy feeling pregnant (aka lots of nausea and eating like a horse) for three days.

Monday night, I started bleeding and on Tuesday, August 17, I miscarried our baby.

My body has been doing what it's supposed to do through this situation, and is healing fine. My heart though will never be the same as you can imagine. It's been tough on both of us, but at the same time, we would like to share how great our God is. HE was totally with me the whole time through all the pain and agony, both physically and emotionally. He gave me comfort, let me know that he has my child now and is taking care of him for me, and even though I may never understand why, He has a reason for this, and most importantly HE IS IN CONTROL. In that, I have found so much joy and peace and even though I am really really really bummed out, and am grieving over the loss of my child, at the same time, am so incredibly happy because of I know Jesus is Lord.

A verse that helped me through this was Psalm 16:8-9. 8
"I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand,  I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,"

Even though this little one was only a few weeks old, I definitely know there was a life. (And yes, I do know for sure this was a pregnancy and miscarriage, but will not be posting the details here.) We decided to name the baby Isaac Joy Marts, because Isaac means laughter, and even though we are sad, we totally trust God and can still laugh and rejoice in HIM. I can't wait to get to heaven even more now because there I'll get to meet a special person I didn't get to know here!

Thank you to all the people who were paying for us, and prayer is still very much appreciated.

So that's been my life for the past few weeks! Hope you all are doing well and always, always trust Jesus. HE IS LORD!


5 comments:

  1. I was wondering if your facebook posts earlier were about a honeymoon baby. So sorry to hear about the loss, but rejoice with you for little Issac! What a sweet name! I love you, and am praying for you in this time. You are loved by a most awesome Heavenly Father and know this will only strengthen your relationship with Him and Stephen!

    *many hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mackenzie. God directed me to your blog tonight upon paying visit to my friend Nicole's blog "The God Files". First, let me say that you and your husband look absolutely wonderful together and that it is so encouraging to read of two individuals coming together as one flesh. I am so very sorry to hear of your miscarriage, especially so soon after conceiving your son Isaac. I am glad to hear that the two of you are relying on God's strength to get you through this time. Your message caught my attention tonight because I, too, will be married in just over six weeks to my loving fiancee Lara. We have had a little over six months to plan our wedding but most of it has been spent planning our marriage. Pre-marital counseling is a requirement of our church and our pastors have done an amazing job of leading us down the right path. I am just so blessed to know that God has been working through them to teach us about His word (a mouthful of pronouns there). Anyway, seeing you and your husband giving control to God, especially in a time like this, is most comforting. I am thankful for your perspective and insight into human life and God's purpose for us all. God bless you, your husband, and little baby Isaac. In Him,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so sorry. I will pray for you, your heart, and the separation. (I know all about this- Trever being in the military for 13 years.)
    Blessings on your head, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mackenzie -
    You're a girl after my own heart. I too was married at 18. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I am praying that God will multiply His blessings over you and your family. May His grace be poured out upon you in rich abundance. May many joys be yours as the Lifter of your head tends to your heart and every intricate detail of your lives.

    I pray that your love for your husband and your Lord will be a testimony to the power of God's goodness to all those you cross paths with. I know I have been encouraged by this brief encounter. You're a light, continue to shine dear one.

    Your new friend,
    Kara Akins

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am rejoicing with the good news of the marriage, but grieving with you over the loss of Isaac. I miscarried a few years back and it can feel like hitting a brick wall while speeding. The journey just ends. The grief doesn't really end, you will always miss that precious one, but you continuously learn to turn it into praise and adoration. You have created an eternal worshipper. I will be praying for the miracle you need to join your husband in Japan. All the works of the Lord that cause growth all cause pain - pruning and refining.
    May you bear much fruit and reflect the face of our lovely Savior in all these joys and sorrows.

    ReplyDelete